Sunday, July 30, 2017

Lake Calero - Sacramento County, California


Visited 7/29/2017 - Jeff and I loaded up our two chocolate Labradors, Summer and Skye and set out in our Jeep Wrangler for a full day of capturing the beauty of several California Lakes.  Our third stop was a 110 acre Lake Calero which is an artificial lake just northeast of Rancho Murieta, about 12 miles southeast of Rancho Cordova, California.  Lake Calero is at 259 feet above sea level.  The lake is formed by Calero Dam, built in 1982 across Crevis Creek.  This lake was very difficult to get to.  Number One, it is located in a gated community with no public access.  Number Two, the road that goes just north of the lake is a off-road, bumpy partially gravel road.  And Number Three, I had to cross two barbed wire fences and hike about 1/3 of a mile in tall grass dodging cow patties and constantly looking for a lurking rattlesnake.  Good news, I made it without getting arrested by the security patrol, I didn't step in a fresh cow patty and I didn't see any rattlesnakes. Jeff stayed in the Jeep with the dogs under a shade tree while I captured these shots.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment